Creating an effective landing page for your website can be the key to converting visitors into customers or clients. A landing page is a standalone page in your site that visitors arrive at after clicking on an ad or a sepcific link. The purpose of a landing page is to get visitors to your site to take a specific action, such as, providing information, making a purchase or filling out a form.
Here are some important things to consider when creating a landing page for your website:
Have a Clear and Compelling Headline
Your headline is the first thing visitors will read when they land on your page, and it should be clear, concise, and compelling. It should convey the value proposition of your product or service in a way that makes visitors want to learn more. Keep in mind that visitors will often only spend a few seconds on your landing page, so your headline needs to be attention-grabbing.
How do you write a compelling headline?
- Make it clear: Your headline should be clear and easy to understand. Avoid using jargon or technical terms that visitors may not be familiar with.
- Be specific: Use specific numbers or statistics to convey the benefits of your product or service. For example, “Increase your sales by 50% with our software.”
- Use action words: Use action words that encourage visitors to take action, such as “Discover”, “Get”, “Join”, or “Start.”
- Keep it short: Your headline should be no more than 10-12 words. Shorter headlines are easier to read and more likely to grab visitors’ attention.
Use Engaging Visuals
High-quality visuals such as images and videos can help to convey your message and capture the visitor’s attention. Use visuals that are relevant to your product or service and that help to reinforce your message.
Here are some tips for using visuals on your landing page:
- Use high-quality images: Make sure they are relevant to your product or service. Avoid using stock images that look generic or fake.
- Use videos: Videos can be a powerful way to convey your message and engage visitors. Use videos that are short, to the point, and that highlight the benefits of your product or service.
- Use graphics: Use graphics such as charts or infographics to help explain complex concepts or data.
- Use whitespace: Use whitespace to help make your visuals stand out and to make your landing page look clean and organized.
Keep It Simple
Your landing page design and layout should be simple, with a clear call-to-action (CTA) that stands out. Visitors should be able to quickly understand what your page is about and what they need to do next.
Here are some tips for keeping your landing page simple:
- Use a single-column layout: Use a single-column layout to keep your landing page focused and easy to read.
- Keep the design clean: Use a clean design with plenty of whitespace to make your page look organized and easy to navigate.
- Use a clear and visible CTA: Your CTA should be prominently displayed and easy to see. Use contrasting colours and make sure your CTA stands out from the rest of your page.
Be Clear About the Benefits
Your landing page should explain how your product or service can help solve the visitor’s problem or fulfill their needs. Focus on the benefits rather than the features of your product or service.
Here are some tips for explaining the benefits of your product or service:
- Use bullet points: Bullet points highlight the benefits of your product or service. Bullet points are easy to read and help break up long paragraphs of text.
- Use customer testimonials: Use customer testimonials to provide social proof and show visitors how your product or service has helped others.
- Use a clear value proposition: Use a clear value proposition to explain the unique benefits of your product or
Simply put, a well designed landing page is simple, visual, easy to understand, and encourages your customers to interact with you and your organization for the sole purpose of maximizing conversions or getting your customers to take the desired action you are aiming for.
If you’d like a free consultation to help better understand how a well-designed landing page can help your organization, please get in touch with us today!