Join a Growing, Dynamic & Fun Team!
PHP Programmer/ Senior Web Developer
**This is not a remote position. You MUST reside in Edmonton, AB. to be considered.**
- Already live in the greater Edmonton, AB. area.
- Be able to build, manage and deploy WordPress websites and custom plugins
- Have a strong knowledge of MySQL, Microsoft SQL and the SQL language
- Work well as part of the team by participating in discussions with clients and team members about technical best practices and help teams identify optimal technical solutions
- Collaborate with customers and the Digital Tea team to manage your time across multiple projects in an environment that expects a high level of quality for the business and its customers.
- Be able to design, develop and implement business functionality into web based solutions.
- Perform exemplary design, development and programming solutions in a timely fashion.
- Perform immediate maintenance and correction of identified bugs and issues.
- Participate in planning and design meetings, infrastructure and architecture discussions, retrospectives and other required activities.
- React to shifting priorities in a productive manner with a client services focus – the client is always #1!
- QA your own work without delay or frequent mistakes or oversights.
You will also need to:
- Actively engage with existing company community initiatives and maybe initiate a few of your own!
- Be personable, cheerful and a pleasure to work with.
- Be open to ask… and answer questions to grow your technical breadth and knowledge
The main requirements are as follows:
- 5+ years of experience in website development mandatory
- A solid understanding of WordPress and PHP are a must
- Strong understanding and implementation both desktop and mobile UI/UX
- Modern web development experience
- Knowledge of databases – MySQL, Microsoft SQL and the SQL language
- Solid grasp of responsive web design fundamentals
- Object Orientated Design experience
- High proficiency in the English language
- Degree/Diploma in a related field
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Knowledge of unit testing and best practices
Experience managing WHM / cPanel / CentOS would be a valuable asset.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Reference ID: PHP2021
Application deadline: 2021-04-09
Expected start date: 2021-04-15
Related keywords: web developer, software developer, developer, front end developer, .net developer
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00-$100,000.00 per year